Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Blog Birthday To Me

I mentioned briefly a few weeks ago that my first blogging anniversary was coming soon, but I thought I'd bring it up again because today (Monday June 28) is the first anniversary of my first post.

And I want to thank all the readers and those who stop to by to comment for showing so much interest in the blog.

In many ways, it's more your blog than mine because so many of you have been so kind of comment on the various topics that I have posted for discussion.

And thank you for following my Lisa's Training series, especially those who took the trouble recently to go back and read all of the earlier chapters. I know I haven't done a good job of updating the series in the last few months, but I promise that I will try to better in the future. I enjoy the fact that so many of you seem to be captivated by my fantasies. I've added more BDSM to the series as I've gone along, but most of you have welcomed that turn in the series.

And even when I branched out and talked about walking the beach and various odds and ends items, you tended to be supportive. I can't thank you enough.

Of course, I have to thank my mentor, PK of elisnewbeginnings.blogspot.com, for encouraging me to write the first six chapters for her FF series (if you'd like to write a story, she would certainly welcome it) and for encouraging me to start a blog and for setting it up. And for Bonnie of bottomsmarts.blogspot.com for linking to it virtually the first day I posted to let so many of you know I had started it. Her tireless work has helped link this community together.

I also welcome any feedback on my blog. My email address is on the front page. Feel free to comment with any suggestions.

And want to leave you with what I think was an interesting toast at a wedding anniversary party for my sister-in-law (their 40th) that we attended over the weekend. The toast was a version of May the best of your days be the worst of your tomorrows.

They had that toast at their wedding and repeated it at the party. Kind of an optimistic note that the worst is already behind us. Let's hope it is.

Oh, and one more thing, I want to recommend that you do a lot of videotaping of every big and not so big family event. Years from now, the videos will be priceless. They had a DVD playing of their wedding that they told me I had originally filmed in Super 8 although I had forgotten I had done it. I don't even know how many of you are even old enough to remember Super Eight. Each cartridge only took about 3 minutes of film and there was no sound. Since the DVD was 20 minutes left, I must have used about seven cartridges. But seeing the films all these years later was pricless. And fun to watch except for the fact pf the evidence that we've all gotten older. And, hopefully, wiser although I can't vouch for that.

And wish you all good health and much help and happiness in the next year. And for all those lurkers out there, don't be shy. Stop by and comment.

And same time, same place, next year. Hope you will all be here.

FD

32 comments:

  1. I am absolutely not a lurker.
    I do enjoy your blog because you have interesting topics and you comment back. I think that is important.
    Here's to your anniversary and many more. Again, I would like to add that the Lisa's Training series in awesome, sexy, and HOT. (MORE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You are supportive of so many others, it's only right we should all return the favor when we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I hope to real the entire Lisa series after my move (and after my Dom gets back- don't want to get too hot & bothered right now). ;)

    Thanks for the posts you inspired on my site, too. :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogging anniversary to you sweetie!!!

    xoxo, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. FD, I've thoroughly enjoyed all the questions you pose that make us all think so much! I can't wait to see more as well as whatever else you choose to post because in all honesty your blog is one of the most interesting and captivating ones I've stumbled upon. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary!

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogday! *cheers*

    Here's to many more!!

    (hmmm, but shouldn't there be some honorary blogday spankings? *giggle*)

    i might catch up with the other posts someday, but i'm not going to sweat it....i'll just try to stay current now that I know you (and lisa's training) are here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated congratulations FD, sorry missed the party.

    Here's to the next 12 months.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you could really write from the first Lisa story you were kind enough to send in. I'm so glad you enjoy your blog - I knew other people would. Men and their thoughts are so welcomed here. So happy anniversary and many, many more!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very happy birthday blog to ya x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, im a new reader to your blog but thoroughly enjoy the participation.

    keep blogging xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog immensely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. FD,

    A blogging birthday you say? I wonder what sort of celebration would be most appropriate... Maybe something traditional yet intriguing perhaps?

    Congratulations!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary...I'm so glad you were encouraged to write...I will read some of you past blogs now that I have became so captivated with Lisa's Training. Please continue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy blogpostbirthday! I always enjoy your interesting topics. Keep 'em coming!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy your blog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HMMM my b'day got over too,,, i'm 20 and ur blog is one 1!!! belated blog b'day wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog! I stop by often. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blogiversary (like that turiya) Can't wait to see what the next year brings you.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blog Birthday, I love reading yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!! Reading this reminded me I missed my blogaversary lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Blogging FD! I have enjoyed visiting here on many occasions.

    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good job, BF!!! So proud of you!!! Can't wait to read the next installment in the Lisa Series. And a big Yay on your blog!

    Big hugs to you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Belatedly, congrats FD :)

    Jayne
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday to your blog FD, and all My congratulations!

    Maître K.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are all enjoying the holiday and sorry I was late in replying:

    PV: Good to hear you want more of Lisa and that you think the topics are interesting.

    greengirl: Thanks for returning the favor.

    Slippery: Nice to hear that you don't want to read the Lisa series until your Dom gets back because you don't want to get too hot and bothered. Good to know the series affects you that way.

    Sexy Tigerx: Thanks.

    Alice: I like to hear you say my questions make you rhink and that my blog is interesting and captivating. Gosh, you are putting pressure on me to keep it that way.

    Ally: Thanks.

    Going Cerebral: Honorary blogday spankings sound like a good idea. Any volunteers?

    BabyMan: Thanks.

    Ronnie: Let's hope it is a great 12 months.

    Spring Flower: Thanks.

    PK You know that without you there would be no blog or Lisa series. Thanks again for being such a good mentor.

    shape shifter, Burl and Aurore: Thanks.

    heels: Always good to have new readers and with all the encouragement, I have to keep blogging.

    True Blue: Good to hear you enjoy reading the blog and I was honored when you listed it as one of your faves a while back. Although you're right that I need to write more Lisa chapters.

    Bonnie: Something traditional and intriguing sounds like a great celebration. And thanks for your early support for my blog.

    sensualfreak: Good to hear that the Lisa series captivated you and I will continue to write more.

    Hermione: Glad that you like the topics.

    Serenity: Always nice to hear someone say they enjoy the blog.

    turiya: Thank you.

    Alujna: Always good to hear a 20-year-old can relate to my blog. Enjoy your youth.

    Jonr69xxx: Keep stopping by.

    reina(RT): I can't wait to see what the new year brings, too.

    Heather B: Nice to hear you love reading the blog.

    viemoira: Never too late to celebrate your blogaversary.

    Vows: Glad to hear you enjoyed the visits.

    Michelle Caryle: Glad to see you like the Lisa series and your writing sets such a high standard for us bloggers.

    Jayne's Diary: Never to late for congrats.

    A masterandhis sub: Thank you.

    And, again, thanks to all of you for reading and commenting and I hope you keep coming back.

    FD

    ReplyDelete