Monday, July 11, 2011

Belated Birthday

Two years ago last month I started this blog and I want to thank all the readers who have commented on my posts and become followers over the past two years.

First. I have to thank Bonnie of bottomsmarts.blogspot.com, who started her annual Love Our Lurkers Day and convinced me to stop lurking and start commenting. And then PK of elisnewbeginnings.blogspot.com convinced me to start my own blog. As you know, I enjoy posting questions and observations and I appreciate it when so many of you share your thoughts.
I started this blog writing a fictional series called "Lisa's Training." Unfortunately, I haven't updated it in a year, but I still hope to add to it eventually.

And I also want to thank all the other bloggers in our community who keep their blogs going. It is good to hear like minded folks share their experiences.

It's also frustrating when bloggers you feel you know suddenly stop blogging. If you have considered starting your own blog, I want to encourage you to do it. It is very rewarding to get feedback from the readers. And if you are a lurker, feel free to sign up and start commenting.

I hope a year from now I will be able to celebrate the blog's third birthday.

FD

15 comments:

  1. Congrats! And thanks for your support of my blog. You are right, commenters make a big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 2+ years of blogging. I'm one of those who dropped out of blogging for a while but came back because I love the feeling of community and get so much from every blog I read. Keep up the good work, FD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, FD! I enjoy when you share your insights on my blog and I enjoy reading about all of your observations here. Best wishes for many more blogging years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 2 years of blogging!
    Here's to 2 more...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally started to blog, but it took over two years before I was able to do. Now I openly follw the sites I used to lurk. "D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog and hope you continue with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 2 year mark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the two year anniversary of your blog!
    I hope there are many more.. you're posts are always thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many of us continue to be glad you're around FD!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. FD,
    I'm really glad your here. I like your questions and I always enjoy talking with you. You keep going and work on another Lisa story.

    Big hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! I liked the Lisa story. I umm... read it a little bit at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations FD on 2 years...LOL started me too. I love your blog and thoughtful commenrs.
    HSxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the two years anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the 2 year milestone, and here's to many more...
    Lovely to see you any time you are able to drop by ;)

    Hugs,
    Velvet <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 years already FD, belated congratulations. Glad your still around.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete