Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

You probably are familiar with the Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus reply to a girl who wrote a newspaper editor asking if there is a Santa Claus because her friends say there wasn't.
It's worth a read again so here is the link:
http://www.newseum.org/exhibits/online/yes-virginia/

Sorry when I clicked it on, it didn't register but just type the link or google Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
It's interesting is that there is such a small window to be around kids who believe. It isn't until they are four or so that they understand the concept and by five years later, if not before, they no longer believe.
And Christmas isn't the same if you don't have some little ones in the house who believe.
Two of my grandkids are 4 and 1 so still have a few years left.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ho Ho Ho.   

8 comments:

  1. Hi FD, we don't have any kids around nowdays, until my nieces and nephew start having their own kids that is.

    Wishing you, your girl and families a very Merry Christmas :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember being devastated when i found out. and enjoy being around little ones who still believe. Merry Christmas to you both and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those who believe are blessed. Ho Ho Ho.
    Merry Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas FD. Hope it is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have kids, but I read this story a couple years ago and it is likely what I'll do if/when we have them:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/12/19/the-story-behind-the-beautiful-way-this-mom-told-her-sons-the-truth-about-santa/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, I held on to my belief in Santa far too long. I was beginning to rationalize the possibility in terms of a great bureaucracy until my sister finally just burst the bubble. Were it not for her, I might still believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love hearing from people like you; it restores my faith and gets me back to ground zero, mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Changes come from within.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete