Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Dresses

Since it is Academy Award time, I thought it would be interesting to link to the dresses worn by the best actress winners back to Mary Pickford.

Seeing her dress and hairdo, it's interesting how fashion has changed over the years.

Also, I was struck by the stunning beauty of Grace Kelly and a young Elizabeth Taylor.

Anyway, one of my favorite parts of the show is seeing how the women are dressed. Especially if they show a lot of cleavage. Hey, what can I say, I'm a guy. Although not much cleavage showing in these pictures but thought it was interesting to check them out.


FD

4 comments:

  1. Florida Dom,

    Thanks for sharing the link! I loved to see all the actresses from long ago. Because my parents were older when they had me I think I knew almost all of the actresses shown starting in 1929.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you knew almost all of the actresses shown starting in 1929. A lot of wonderful memories.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing how fashion changes over the years. Or rather, how little things really do change. As a seamstress, I watch fashion trends. I liked some of the dresses and didn't like others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragon's Rose: It is interesting to read some of the comments on the dresses afterwards. They write almost as much about the dresses as they do about the awards. Some of them seem perfect but others you wonder, what were they thinking when they tried them on?

    FD

    ReplyDelete